Mophie wireless charging base Review
Mophie has been building up its wireless charging portfolio for some time – although other smartphones have had Qi compatible wireless charging for some time, and Mophie has charging cases with wireless as an option.
These all work within the Qi standard, although the Mophie chargers do supply the higher rate of 10W, so IT can ‘charge’ faster than other’s like Apple and Samsung handsets.
WHAT THE PACKAGE CONTAINS?
The package comes with a number of elements. The AC wall adaptor and microUSB charger are pretty standard, but it’s nice they are included in the $ 59.95 retail package.
Accessories Included The charge stream desk stand also called Morphie wireless charging base comes with a QC 2.0 wall adapter and a 1.49 meter (4.9 ft.) micro USB cable with an integrated wire-management magnet,
WEIGHT AND DESIGN OF Mophie Qi Wireless Charge Pad
The stand is weighty enough to stay table, and comes with a grippy base material and a metal armature that holds up the charging pad. That pad is similar in design to the standalone Mophie Charge Stream Pad+, but has a cutout to allow it to be slid into the armature.
- Worry-free Wireless Charging While You Work Get worry-free wireless charging with the sturdy, reliable charge stream desk stand. It delivers up to 10W of power while holding your Qi-enabled smartphone at a convenient angle for viewing and continued use.
- Universal Wireless Charging Optimized for Apple and Samsung Fast Charge, the charge stream desk stand delivers up to 10W of wireless power to your smartphone at the fastest speed it can handle.
- Universal Design, Adjustable Fit The charge stream desk stand can adjust to fit different-sized smartphones and charge in portrait or landscape mode. The rubberized charging surface provides a non-slip grip that won’t scratch your phone.
- Sturdy Construction, Removable Charging Pad ,The steel frame has a weighted base that keeps the desk stand stable and upright. The charge pad can be removed from the desk stand and used independently.
- Charges Through Lightweight Cases No need to remove your phone from its case when you want to charge wirelessly. The charge stream desk stand can deliver a wireless charge through cases up to 3mm thick.
- Maintain Full Functionality Maintain full functionality of your phone and access to your favorite features while charging. The charge stream desk stand holds your phone at a convenient viewing angle while it charges.
The Mophie Wireless Charging Base : Pros and Cons
Got a new iPhone and want to join the wireless charging revolution? If you have an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X, you might want to check out the new Mophie Wireless Charging Base. Designed in collaboration with Apple, this Mophie product is one of two wireless chargers (the other is made by Belkin) that were built to be optimized for iPhone. The Mophie Wireless Charging Base is small, sleek and attractive, and is very easy to use. Small enough to use as a travel accessory, it is also perfect for the desk or nightstand.
- Rubberized coating provides a no slip grip, both on the base and on the charging surface.
- Charges at 7.5 watts (currently limited to 5 watts until a software update comes out at the end of the year for iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X).
- Works with other Qi compatible phones, such as the Galaxy Note8.
- Small, convenient form factor.
- Easy to use. Works with most cases unless they are very thick, or have significant amounts of metal on the back.
- Will not try to charge a device that is not compatible due to its foreign object detection ability.
- Phone must be placed in the middle of the charger to charge. If it is placed too far to the side, the charger will not be able to connect and the phone will not charge.
The Mophie Wireless Charging Base is available directly from Mophie as well as from other retailers and it has an MRP of $59.95 worldwide.
Buy from Amazon https://amzn.to/2Lr2qqq